Tuesday 5 August 2008

Time to start blogging again

Iv been of the blog for a few months now and I feel its about the right time to start using the old thing again.

As I move away from the familiar routine that comes from living in northern Ireland and start a new adventure in the US I realise that this is an opportunity of a lifetime I have.
For this reason I feel that its important to write down some thoughts and ramblings about my time in Tuscaloosa Alabama more for my own sake as well as any body who is daft enough to read this page.

My summer holidays have come to an end and my new semester starts on Monday.... mental
I'm moving without having any idea what modules I'm doing, who I will be sharing a room with, what church I should go to, what sports I should take up, when I'll get a chance to set up a bank account etc. etc.......kinda nervous
Despite all of this unknown I feel a sense of ease about it, which is strange. I feel that these types of emotions don't really sink in with me until I get on a plane. The fact that I will be essentially starting a new life should scare me so much but because I have a God who will be there with me every step of the way fills me with a confidence that I will be all right. After all what's the worst that can happen? - I can grow as a person from the experience. So bring it on!!!

Should inform you guys on the type of college I'm going to and the town.
Its called Stillman college and its situated in the middle of Alabama in a town called Tuscaloosa, population 80 000. It has a 92% black student population, total number of students being around 800-1000. Its a Presbyterian college with quite an emphasis on Christianity which is great. Tuscaloosa itself is home to the Alabama state university so it really is a student town. Tuscaloosa itself has 126 different Baptist churches alone which is crazy when you think about it. I will be sharing a room with some dude I haven't met yet.

While I'm out there I will study 4 business modules and 1 elective module per semester and I'm the equivalent of a junior year student.


We'll I'm sure I will be updating my blog more regularly from now on. Hope “Y'all” will like it!!

1 comment:

Brittni said...

Enjoyable blog, but it's called the University of Alabama. There is another university in Alabama called Alabama State University, but it's located in Montgomery.

So what church did you end up attending?

Hope I didn't sound like too much a jerk.