Monday 20 October 2008

Thought provoking thoughts

So i was bored in between classes today so decided to have a wee surf on the Internet to see if i could find something interesting to amuse myself.
So while listening to some classical Beethoven i came across some web sites dedicated to famous quotes throughout history so i thought i would add a few to inspire, provoke and challenge all four of you who read this thing.

1. “My Mother said to me, If you become a soldier you’ll be a general, if you become a monk, you’ll end up as the Pope. Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”
Pablo Picasso - (1881-1973) - Spanish Painter and Sculptor

2. "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Tom Clancy (1947-) - Author

3. “The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.”
Edward J. Phelps (1822-1900) - Lawyer and Diplomat

4. “To loves one’s self is the beginning of a life-long romance”
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) - Irish Born English Poet, playwright and Novelist

5. "If you lose your temper, you’ve lost the argument."
Proverb

Also over the last few days iv been struck by how amazing creation is. We have squirrels here on campus and even thought they are the gray kind and regarded as vermin by many i still kinda love them. Its amazing how G0d created such a resourceful wee animal how goes on day by day collecting nuts and burying them. I find it a joy to watch them hopping around, maybe I'm a bit of a nature freak but i thought i would just add that in. If you want to learn more here is a link to Squirrel land fun times!!

I have a pretty easy week lined up i think. Going fishing on Thursday and also two of my friends out here have a one year anniversary party im going to it should be good fun.
My beard is back!! and its getting kinda long.
Church was real good this sunday, pastor Rob who reminds me so much of Gordan McDade was speaking on submission as part of his series on holy disciplines. He brought out some real insightful stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff JP keep it coming! All the best with the fishing on Thursday! I want some pictures whether you catch something or not!! Still looking for my Alfa GT but cant find one i like....